Friday, January 22, 2016

The Center of the World by Jacqueline Sheehan

Once again Jacqueline Sheehan has pulled me into a story and not let go. This time, it centered on Guatemala, a land whose music and folk art long ago grabbed my heart, while the history has broken it. I'm not even sure where to begin in a review, except to say that I stayed home yesterday just to keep reading this book. It's a story about family, about belonging, about hearing the language of your heart and soul. It's about knowing your roots, and following your instincts. It's got good, and evil, mistakes, and mitzvahs. If you need to know more, read the publisher's blurb, then read the book. Did I like it? You betcha. Do I recommend it? What do you think?

Tags: 2016-reada-favorite-authoran-author-i-readdidn-t-want-to-put-it-downmade-me-look-something-upreadtaught-me-somethingthank-you-charleston-county-librarythought-provokingwill-look-for-more-by-this-author

No comments:

Post a Comment