Friday, April 10, 2015

In Wilderness, by Diane Thomas

To be honest, I got a little creeped out by the obsession and submission in this book. Clinically, I understand what was going on in medical diagnoses with Katherine and Danny, but the workings of their relationship, particularly as the leaves began to fall in autumn and during the winter,  still got to me-- which I guess says "the writing was good."

This book is set in a sacred part of the world (for me) so the scenery came vividly to life, along with the characters. I'm rating the book (3.5/5 stars) not on how I actually felt about the story (remember that key phrase in the first sentence? "Creeped out"?) but rather by the power of the story and what the author was trying to do.

Thank you to Library Thing early reviewer program and the publisher for sending me this book.

at-least-the-writing-was-goodearly-review-librarythingmade-me-uncomfortablerabun-county-and-thereaboutsreadset-in-my-stomping-groundsset-in-the-south

No comments:

Post a Comment