Tuesday, February 17, 2015

How BookCrossing made my day twice

One of my drawings somehow seems to have won a contest to be this year's International BookCrossing Day label design. Whoa! I'm stunned and surprised, and very honored. (And the girl in the picture is supposed to be my eldest granddaughter.) I did this more on a whim, not expecting to win, especially after I saw all the other great entries. Wow. Thank you to all who voted for my design.

Also today, I received a box of books today from a BookCrossing friend, who didn't know my friend Mike who died far too young and far too recently. But she used the remembrance label created by two Amys (Spedbug and bookczuk), and wrote this absolutely lovely journal entry in the book:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/13175316/
I've passed it on to Mike's family and shared with some friends as well.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not surprised it won. It's gorgeous! I love the intricate design.

    Bookguide

    ReplyDelete