Friday, September 12, 2014

Iron Hearted Violet by Kelly Barnhill

What happens when the princess in the story is unbelievably  homely, an old god is bent on destruction and the world is about to fall apart?

I picked this up to read before Kelly Barnhill's new book comes out. There's much hype and anticipation based on her earlier works (this one included) so I thought I'd take a test drive.

I liked it. Really. The main narrators were quite good, and the story well plotted and thought out. I liked the interweaving of some stuff from our mythology and folk tales, and a whole new world to explore.

It's geared for a younger crowd, but that shouldn't stop the child-at-hearts from reading it. And, it's got dragons. And heroes. And loyalty. And books. And did I say, it has dragons?

Tags: fantasy, i-liked-it, kids-of-most-ages, read, thank-you-charleston-county-library, will-look-for-more-by-this-author, ya-lit

No comments:

Post a Comment